Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Newest Collage Work

A bit of a mess going on here, but what fun!






I have been working my way through a wonderful book entitled "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron. It is a 12 week process that will probably take me longer because I do want to get the most out of it and not have it turn into another time stresser.
I have been finding myself to be less afraid of making messes. After all I am from the 'old school' Commercial Art trained, nothing messy, no ink blots, smudges, etc. This experiment of mine is to give myself the freedom to make a mistake and turn that into art that is pleasing to me.
In the process of printing up my water color and ink paintings, there are a lot of prints that cannot be sold until I get the setting right on the printer. So using the seconds and some vintage papers and ephemera, acrylics, stamps and other found items I had a good old time!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, what beautiful art you made. I'm with you: mess is the best!
    Thanks for being a part of Blogtoberfest, hosted by Cathy aka {tinniegirl} last year. Thought you might be interested to know that we're running it again in 2012. You can find all the info at: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/blogtoberfest-2012.html
    And we're kicking off this Monday! Would love to see you there.
    Kat xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kat! I am having a wonderful time with the new collage work. Count me in again for Blogtoberfest, I will sign up this evening!
      Sue

      Delete
  2. They're looking great! I love your little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great end product...nothing wrong with a little mess when you create something lovely x

    ReplyDelete