Pages

Monday, August 6, 2018

On My Drawing Table

My local arts council has a members show every year in August and this year the
theme is: Flights of Fantasy
So, with my proclivity to things with wings, immediately an owl in flight came to mind. How to incorporate fantasy into my work took lots of thought and planning.
With all the vintage papers floating around in my studio I knew that I wanted to use that in my artwork and also acrylic painting. There was a cradled wood board that I had prepped earlier leaning up against the bookcase and that became my canvas.





After sketching out the barn owl I began to cut individual pieces of paper and arrange them along the wing span.




That quickly became cut and glue and put in place, I trusted that all would work out.

 

The first wing was amazing and so it continued....




Just loving this....







I was so busy painting that not many more photos got taken.



"Night Flight" can be viewed at:


Flights of Fantasy: Arts Mid-Hudson Members’ Show – AMH Gallery
August 3 – September 9
Opening Reception:
Friday, August 3, 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
(The opening was cancelled due to loss of power and will be rescheduled.)
Art Brunch: Sunday, September 9, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.

artsmidhudson.org

2 comments:

  1. Sue - this is gorgeous - so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara, I really enjoyed working on it. Planning more....:)

      Delete